Third Weekend in October
Third Weekend in October King Size Quilt Kit
Featuring Kaffe Fassett Collective Classics and Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons
Pattern Designed by Ruth Powers - Innovations
Re-imagined by FreeSpirit Fabrics and Betsey Westover; (2.13m) Square
Finished Size: King Size Quilt 85" x 110" (2.16m x 2.79m)
Techniques: Innovative Foundation Piecing, Half Square Triangles, Pieced
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Experience luster of the Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons gently falling amongst the Classics! The Third Weekend in October kit promises to challenge anyone looking to learn, grow and sharpen their quilting skills. Gift it to yourself or to a friend or family member! Click here for a list of participating shops.
Here is why this king size project is for you!
- Perfect for advanced beginner to enthusiast.
- Long term project teaching color placement, foundation piecing and growing your love for patchwork .
- Skill builder to challenge your creativity and/or use to master color theory.
- Subliminally teaches you about the impressive beauty and color brilliance of using Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons in your work. You will fall in love and be a Shot Cotton fan for life.
- Randomly cut fabrics allow you to use the beauty and color of fabric to create unique Kaffe Fassett leaves. Fussy-cutting not required.
- Create in individual units, worked in 9-Patch segments. Rows sew nicely together.
- FreeSpirit to provide Third Weekend in October Facebook group, creating a community to share progress as well as technique guidance for innovative foundation piecing and tips.
- The Kaffe Fassett Flannel Design Wall is a must have for this project to audition and place colors and designs throughout the creation of your quilt top.
- A total of 57 beautiful Kaffe Fassett Collective Fabrics and Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons.
- Third Weekend in October by Ruth Powers.
- Fabric key and large plotting graph (20" x 24") to recreate this beautiful fall scene.
- Forty pages of pre-printed translucent foundation paper for immediate sewing - no photocopying required.
- Binding fabric.
- Backing fabric not included.
Click here for the list of participating retail shops. Retailers please make sure you are signed in at freespiritfabrics.com to access retailer specific information here.
Retailers download marketing assets here.